Eating my way around the globe

Thanks to my adventurous mom, I’ve been fortunate enough to have the privilege to travel to many exotic, brilliant countries in my life. There’s no more exciting feeling than taking off on a flight to a new place, gearing up to experience diverse, vibrant cultures, miraculous world wonders, and a whole new, scrumptious world of food.

The Pelican Club - New Orleans, USA
Those who know me know that I love to take pictures of my food; but my love of food transcends merely taking pretty, appetizing pictures. To me, it's about the experience and the memories associated with the meal: who I was with, where I was, how I ended up at that particular restaurant.. It's all part of the whole adventure. In fact, trying new foods has taken a spotlight in my adventures.

The Roundhouse Restaurant - Cape Town, South Africa
 
In summer 2011, I went on a trip of a lifetime with my mom to Botswana, Zambia and South Africa. We were lucky to take in some truly remarkable experiences during our three-week safari adventure, like a helicopter ride over Victoria Falls, visiting a penguin colony, and exploring the vast Okavango Delta and Kruger National Park. Having the opportunity to indulge in various kinds of food while we were there, ranging from authentic to the region, to ultra luxurious and gourmet, was a major highlight for me.

Stanley's Camp - Okavango Delta, Botswana
Fine dining in Cape Town, South Africa
La Colombe, Beluga, and The Roundhouse
 In summer 2010, we went on an amazing cruise that embarked from Athens and sailed through the breathtaking Greek Islands, ending in Istanbul, Turkey. In between visiting the Palace of the Grand Master in Rhodes, exploring the Ancient Greek Library of Celsus in Ephesus, and navigating the narrow streets in Mykonos, I tasted some of the most heavenly food ever.
Gyros - Mykonos, Greece and Baklava - Santorini, Greece
Joke Perestroyka - Itanbul, Turkey
Traditional Turkish food - Cappodocia, Turkey
Throughout my travels, I am always reminded that food offers not just nourishment, but friendship, comfort, and enlightenment. When I look back on photos I took of food I ate on all my trips, I think of the extraordinary times I shared with my family and friends, the incredible world landmarks I stood in front of, and how excited I am to continue exploring the world.

What are some memorable trips you've been on? Did you try any new and exciting foods that you wouldn't necessarily eat at home?

1 comments:

  Vomail

February 20, 2017 at 5:05 AM

All this food stuff is looking really delicious. I just love eating but with that I love cooking too. I just started learning cooking but taking help from Nom Foodie App has helped me a lot and I have become professional in baking everything.